The museum is scheduling a speech at the grand opening for a group of high school students in attendance and wants you to write it.
WRITE the speech you would give, including the following:
1. Discuss factors that lead to genetic variations in a population by using the Hardy-Weinberg Law that describes allele frequencies in a population.
2. Explain how animal behaviors, including human behaviors, are governed by genetic inheritance.
3.Explain how the laboratory mouse has become a valuable model organism for the study of development and genetics.
- A. What other animal models are used?
- B. What contribution(s) has research using Caenorhabditis elegans and Drosophila melanogaster made in the study of animal behavior and population genetics?
4.Elaborate on the future of human disease diagnosis using the data from the Human Genome Project.
5.Provide sufficient examples to make the speech relevant to high school students.
6. Elaborate on the future of pharmacogenomics and individualized medicine to human disease diagnosis using the data from the Human Genome Project, includes an example
This order should be base on chapters:
Ch.6 Read in the Special Topics in Modern Genetics: Advances in Neurogenetics: The Study of Huntington.
for the following text book
Klug, W. S., Cummings, M. R., Spencer, C. A., & Palladino, M. A. (2019). Concepts of genetics (12th ed.). Pearson Benjamin Cummings.